Rent A Violin from The Violin Company
We have the easiest Violin Rental Scheme in the U.K. - Just Four easy steps :-
- Choose a violin from our new or used stock of violins
- Click on the, Button alongside the violin.
- Carefully Read the details of the rental offer on the next page and Click on the Button.
- Enter you PayPal login details or set up a PayPal account and sit back and wait for the violin to arrive.
We normally post the violin to you on the following day that the rental is started, assuming that we receive the details before 15:00, otherwise the violin will be posted the next day. In any case we will email you to keep you informed of the rental progress.
Violins that are available to rent show a monthly rental price and a "Rent This Violin" button, which when pressed will take you to the sign up page for the rental process.
We have tried to make this as simple as possible and the sign up screen shows quite clearly the cost of the initial rental (3 months), the postage & packing charges and the ongoing monthly payments.
Please Note - We use Paypal to take the monthly payments from your credit card. This requires that you have a Paypal account and that you keep it funded, either with a valid credit or debit card or via a bank account. Please note that renting a violin from us is a legally binding agreement and we would advise you to carefully read item 7) of the agreement below.
Should you not have a PayPal account you will find that signing up with paypal is a very simple procedure and costs nothing. Once you have entered your address and credit card details and set-up your account you will never need to enter your card details again no matter how many things you buy from ourselves and the thousands of other Paypal registered retailers.
Terms and Conditions of Violin Rental
1) We will rent a violin to you for as long as you wish, our minimum term is 3 months.
2) After two years of rental, you may keep the violin without further charge or we will trade it in at 50% of the original value against another violin.
3) At any time after 3 months you may return the violin and replace it with another on rental. This means you can move from one size to another without incurring further charges. We would like an email prior to you returning the violin.
4) You are responsible for the carriage charges for the violin when we send it to you and when you return it either at the end of the rental or for repairs. Typically £10.00
5) We will replace broken strings but only if the string breaks while being tuned by a music teacher and the replacement is fitted either by ourselves or by a music teacher. We will repair any damage caused in transit, if we cannot repair it we will replace the violin.
6) You are responsible for keeping the violin in good condition and for any breakages except strings. We recommend that you insure the instrument against damage. If the violin is damaged beyond repair then you will be liable for the full price of the violin less 75% of the rental paid. If you have been renting the violin for more than 13 months we will waive all charges as long as you continue with renting a replacement violin.
7) If you default on the rental payments you will be charged the full retail price of the violin. If your financial circumstances change and you have difficulty with repayments please email us so that we can sort something out before we feel forced to apply such draconian measures.
8) When you wish to terminate the rental agreement you must email us informing us of the termination and return the violin, securely packaged to ourselves as soon as possible. No monthly refunds will be made if you return the violin more than one week into the rental month.